After an intensive RFP process over the late summer-early fall of 2015, SkillWorks recommended a slate of 11 new grantees for one-year awards, approved by our funders in December of 2015. SkillWorks’ newest grantees began their terms on January 1st of this year and are already off to a fantastic start, with a full quarter of project activities under their belts. Early outcomes are looking positive and we are excited to continue working with and monitoring the progress of these projects, and sharing out learnings and best practices.
Check out the list of our new grantees below and links to their websites to learn more!
- BEST Corp
- Mel King Empowerment Program
- US DOL-registered Housekeeping Apprenticeship program
- Boston Children’s Hospital – Train to Attain initiative
- Boston Private Industry Council – College Navigation Coach
- Cambridge Housing Authority – Postsecondary Success Initiative
- Career Collaborative – Employment and retention services at Roxbury Community College
- Center for Community Health Education, Research and Service (CCHERS)/Health Education Action Research and Technology (HEART) Consortium – Home Care Aide training program
- Jewish Vocational Service (JVS) – STEM College and Career Pathways program
- Roxbury Community College – Career Pathways in Cybersecurity
- Somerville Community Corporation – First Source Jobs program
- Youth Hub – Increasing employability for youth in Codman Square