Our Gubernatorial Forum, Building Massachusetts’ Skills to Compete is less than 1 week away! If you haven’t already, don’t forget to register for the event and spread the word to anyone interested in hearing the Massachusetts gubernatorial candidates talk job creation, unemployment, skills training and other critical workforce development related issues!
In preparation for the forum, along with our co-hosts we have developed a policy platform which includes Six Recommendations for the Next Governor of Massachusetts, to ensure the continued competitiveness of Massachusetts’ workers and businesses:
1) Double the number of job-seekers who are able to obtain the skills for good jobs through training partnerships that meet business needs.
2) Increase the capacity of Adult Basic Education (ABE) and English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) programs, and ensure that they prepare MA residents for success in post-secondary education, workforce training or employment.
3) Double the number of young people in the state who are able to access summer and year-round jobs, structured career development opportunities, and vocational technical training
4) Integrate our education, workforce and economic development systems so there are no dead ends and only seamless connections for business or individuals seeking opportunities to grow in the Commonwealth.
5) Improve job quality to address the rise in income inequality in the Commonwealth.
6) Measure and report results of education, training, and employment programs in a comprehensive way across all public policy systems.
Don’t forget to follow us & the event on Twitter!! We’ll be live tweeting throughout the evening!
@SkillWorks_MA @WSG_40 #majobsforum #mapoli #MAGov
See you there!