Happy Workforce Wednesday!
Please add anything we missed by using the “comments” field.
Workforce in the News
- Bay State Manufacturers to Share Strategies for Success (Andre Mayer, AIMnet Blog, June 5, 2013)
Research and Reports
- Middle-Skill Jobs Remain More Common Among Rural Workers (The Carsey Institute at the University of New Hampshire, June 2013)
- It Takes More Than a Major: Employer Priorities for College Learning and Student Success(Hart Research Associates, The Association of American Colleges and Universities, April 2013)
- How Career and Technical Education Can Help Students be College and Career Ready (American Youth Policy Forum, College and Career Readiness and Success Center at the American Institutes for Research, May 2013)
- Massachusetts Reemployment Services (RES) Program
- Getting More College Students to Graduation Day- New Data on Public Two-Year Institutions (Julie Strawn, Marcie Foster, Patrick Reimherr, CLASP, May 2013)
Tools and Resources
- JVS: Bridges to College program is currently recruiting students for their July 2013 cycle. They are offering an exciting new track with a biotechnology focus in partnership with Quincy College. Click on the following links for more information: JVS_BioTech Flyer July 2013, Quick Facts_Biotech learning Community
- The U.S. Census Bureau has improved the variety of the online courses they offer. Click here for more information on how to register and which courses they offer. Some of their more useful courses for the workforce community include “Using Census Data for Grant Applications” and “How to Navigate American FactFinder”.
- Training Opportunity: Online Learning Readiness at Boston Neighborhood Network: Free workforce readiness training program geared at helping unemployed and underemployed residents gain new skills to impress future employers. To schedule an assessment, applicants should email email@example.com with their complete mailing address and phone number.
- The Employment Programs for Special Target Occupations: Individuals with Disabilities RFP (CommCorp) is designed to prepare, support and place un/underemployed individuals with disabilities into jobs.
- The Employment Programs for Special Target Occupations: Homeless Individuals RFP (CommCorp) is designed to prepare, support and place un/underemployed homeless individuals into jobs.
- June 13, 2013: Building your Participants’ Soft Skills (Commonwealth Workforce Coalition)
- June 30, 2013: All Roads Lead to Placement: Improve your Outcomes – Webinar for a nontraditional look at ways to improve your job placement outcomes