Happy Workforce Wednesday!
Here’s this week’s roundup–please add anything we missed by using the “comments” field.
Workforce in the News
- Community Economic Development Bootcamp (Wicked Local Kingston, December 5, 2012)
Research and Reports
- Youth Employment – In Massachusetts and the U. S. (MassBudget and Policy Center, December 2012)
- How Youth Are Put At Risk by Parents Low-Wage Jobs (Center for Social Policy, UMass Boston, December 2012)
Tools and Resources
- Workforce3 One: Year End Newsletter: This issue features a lot of great resources from the year as well as their most popular webinars.
- Massachusetts Medical Technology Veterans Program (MassMVP): Provides veterans with training and networking opportunities within the medical device and diagnostics industry sectors. Goal is to provide vets with access to employment opportunities in the medical device sectors.
- Our State Budget: Building a Better Future Together: describes the ongoing fiscal crisis, recent budget cuts, our tax system, and the choices we will face moving forward (MassBudget)
- 2013 Guide to New England Colleges and Universities ( New England Journal of Higher Education, November 2012)
- Pay for Success Pilot Projects: Grants awarded will fund pilots of a Pay for Success model which is an innovative funding strategy for achieving specific social service outcomes. Closing date is December 11, 2012.
- Stand Down Grants: These grants provide an estimated 10,000 homeless veterans with opportunities to reintegrate into society.
- December 11, 2012: Webinar: What Adult Educators Need to Know about Serving Skilled Immigrants ( New Americans Integration Institute)
- December 12, 2012: What Works Webinar: Industry-Specific Workforce Development Strategies (Initiative for a Competitive Inner City)
- December 17-18, 2012: Post Election Philanthropy: Votes, Values and Vision (Workforce Matters)