Happy Workforce Wednesday!
Here’s this week’s roundup–please add anything we missed by using the “comments” field.
Workforce Development In the News
- Educational levels tied to area’s lower joblessness (Boston Globe, August 29, 2012)
- Help Wanted: 28 MA Clean Energy Companies Filling 270 Positions in MA Right Now (New England Clean Energy Council, August 23, 2012)
- Massachusetts Clean Energy Summer Intern Program Wraps Up Big Second Year (New England Clean Energy Council, August 29, 2012)
Tools and Resources
- Job Training Alliance: A searchable listing of job training programs in the City of Boston.
- Metro Boston SCILS (Skilled Careers in Life Sciences) Initiative. Recruitment sessions continue! See the SCILS site for a calendar of events and more information.
- @Scale STEM Pipeline initiative focused on workforce development and post-secondary credential attainment. RFP has been released, and proposals are due October 25, 2012.
- August 30, 2012: Twitter Chat with Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis (USDOL)
- September 5, 2012: Webinar on current workforce policy and funding (Campaign to Invest in America’s Workforce)
- September 18, 2012: Real-time LMI Tools Workshop (SkillWorks/CWC)
- September 19, 2012: Inner City Economic Summit (ICIC; SkillWorks will be presenting)
- October 1, 2012: Boston/Metro-North Labor Market Information Report Release (CommCorp)
- October 2, 2012: Boston Job Training Alliance Celebration
- October 2, 2012: NCTN Fall Webinar Series #1: ESOL Transitions Framework (NCTN)
- October 4, 2012: Mass Green Career Conference (SkillWorks will be presenting)
- October 10, 2012: 2012 Jobs and Workforce Summit (Workforce Solutions Group/SkillWorks)
- October 12, 19, 26, 2012: Offender Employment Specialist Training (Commonwealth Workforce Coalition)
- November 1, 2012: The Next Wave of Performance Measurement (Root Cause/Social Innovation Forum)
- November 7-9, 2012: National College Transition Network Fall Conference