Thanks to everyone who has already made calls to ensure important programs and funding for workforce training, youth jobs and adult basic education make it into the FY2013 state budget.
Here are the critical amendments to support in the Senate budget. Please call your state Senator today and ask him or her to support important workforce amendments listed below.
Amendments will be enacted as part of consolidated amendments by area; most of ours are in economic development and education.
JOB TRAINING AND EDUCATION
- ECO 254– Workforce Competitiveness Trust Fund (WCTF);sponsored by Senators Candaras and Donnelly: transfers $10 million from the consolidated budget surplus to the Workforce Competitiveness Trust Fund.
- ECO 260– WCTF- Regional Centers of Excellence; sponsored by Senators Wolf, Donnelly and Candaras: transfers $10 million from the consolidated budget surplus to the Workforce Competitiveness Trust Fund using the Governor’s language establishing Regional Centers of Excellence.
- EDU 383– WCTF- Rapid Response Workforce Development Grants for Community Colleges; Senators Donnelly, Candaras, Wolf, Knapik, DiDomenico, and Spilka: Adapts Senate language for the new Rapid Response incentive program for the community colleges to strengthen the partnerships to operate like the WCTF and increases the Fund from $3 million to $6 million.
- EDU 357– Educational Rewards Grant Program; Senator Eldridge to fund the Ed Rewards Grant Program at $1.5 million.
- ECO 279- One Stop Career Centers; Senators Wolf, Donnelly, Knapik, Rodrigues, Spilka and Eldridge to increase funding for career centers from $4.4 million to $5.5 million.
- ECO 294- Employment Services Programs; sponsored by Senator Keenan: increases funding for the ESP program line item 4401-1000 from $3.9 million to $8.1 million.
- ECO 239- Youth At Risk Summer Jobs; Senator McGee: to increase funding from $3 million to $9 million.
- ECO 289- Summer Jobs for At-Risk Youth; Senators Chang-Diaz and Donnelly to increase funding from $3 million to $12 million.
- ECO 218- Summer Jobs Program for At-Risk Youth; Senator Hart to increase funding from $3 million to $12 million.
- EDU 322- School to Career Connecting Activities; Senator McGee to increase funding from $2.7 million to $3.2 million.
- EDU 365- School to Career Connecting Activities; Senators DiDomenico and Chang-Diaz to increase funding from $2.7 million to $3.2 million.
- EPS 399- Shannon Grants; Senators Donoghue and Finegold to increase funding for Shannon grants from $6 million to $7 million.