The Senate budget was released last Wednesday. Since then, we’ve been working with various Senate offices to file and co-sponsor amendments for workforce training line-items, with a particular and continued focus on getting funding for the Workforce Competitiveness Trust Fund. More to come on that soon!
In the meantime, here’s the quick update on how we did in the Senate FY13 budget, before amendments.
• 7003-0803 – One Stop Career Centers: $4,494,467
• 7003-0803 – Employment Services Program: $3,904,506
• 7035-0002 – ABE- ESOL: $30,707,455
• 7002-0012 – YouthWorks youth jobs: $3,000,000
• 7027-0019 – School to Career Connecting Activities: $2,750,000
• 8100-0111 – Shannon Anti-Gang Violence Program: $6,000,000
Many thanks to Senate leaders and members for their support!
We are continuing to work to get the Workforce Competitiveness Trust Fund into the budget or an outside section through amendments. We are also seeking increases for career centers, school-to-career connecting activities, and the employment services program. Amendment numbers and details forthcoming.
Please continue to encourage local participants from WCTF funded training partnerships to weigh in with their Senators about the impact of these partnerships. Thanks for your continued support!