Thanks to everyone who made calls to ensure important programs and funding for workforce training, youth jobs and adult basic education made it into the FY2013 state budget.
Here are the updates on how we did in the House budget, where we did win some increases:
Advocates worked hard to increase resources for youth jobs and workforce training in the House budget process. Here are House final numbers~ now on to the Senate!
• 7003-0803 – One Stop Career Centers: $4,752,000
• 7035-0002 – ABE- ESOL: $29,923,112
• 7002-0012 – YouthWorks youth jobs: $8,609,158
• 7027-0019 – School to Career Connecting Activities: $2,700,000
• 8100-0111 – Shannon Anti-Gang Violence Program: $5,500,000
• 4401-1000 – Employment Services Program: $8,109,035
• Outside Section 88 – Community College Workforce Development Grant Fund- $12 million per year from Gaming License Fees
Many thanks to House leaders and members for their support !
While the Workforce Competitiveness Trust Fund was not specified in the House budget we still have a chance to advocate for it in the Senate budget and in the proposed Jobs Bill.
Please encourage local participants from WCTF funded training partnerships to weigh in with their Senators about the impact of these partnerships.