Here’s this week’s roundup! Please add anything we missed by using the “comments” field.
Workforce Development In the News
- Rep. Paul Ryan introduces FY13 budget; proposes major workforce cuts (National Skills Coalition, March 2012)
- Employment in Green Goods and Services (Bureau of Labor Statistics, March 2012)
- ANSI Joint Member Forum Focuses on Quality Workforce (ThomasNet News, March 29, 2012)
- SkillWorks March 2012 Newsletter (March 30, 2012)
- Fitful Recovery Leaves Massachusetts Employers Wary (AIM, April 3, 2012)
Research and Reports
- ROI 360: How Workforce Partnership Training Benefits Businesses, Workers & Community (Job Opportunity Investment Network, Philadelphia)
- A Stronger Nation through Higher Education (Lumina Foundation, March 2012)
- Entry-level Workers’ Wages Fell in Lost Decade (Economic Policy Institute, March 2012)
Tools and Resources
- National Fund for Workforce Solutions relaunches its website: Easily find extensive information about the National Fund, participating collaboratives and workforce partnerships, research and policy papers and updates from the field.
- American Job Center: This site will consolidate information and services from across the government – access to job retraining and education opportunities, skills and career development and counseling. It’s not quite live yet, but you can sign up here for updates.
- Homeless Veterans’ Reintegration Program – U.S. Department of Labor (due April 28, 2012) **NEW
- Nursing Education Redesign Grant Program – MA Department of Higher Education (due May 11, 2012) **NEW
- U.S. Department of Labor: Serving Female Ex-Offenders through employment/training (due May 4, 2012)
- Learn at Work Planning Grant RFP – MA Commonwealth Corporation (due April 25 or June 1; Bidders Conference on March 21)
- U.S. Department of Labor: Serving Young Adult Ex-Offenders through Training and Service-Learning – SGA-DFA-PY-11-03 (due April 17, 2012)
- April 18, 2012: Essentials of Employer Relations (Commonwealth Workforce Coalition)
- April 26, 2012: Audio Update: State Legislators’ Roundtable (National Skills Coalition)
- May 1, 2012: Disrupting the Poverty Cycle: Emerging Practices to Achieve Economic Mobility (sponsored by Crittenton Women’s Union)
- May 14, 2012: Sharing Skills-Building Connections Conference (sponsored by Commonwealth Workforce Coalition) Registration now open! Early bird registration deadline is April 13.