Thank you for all of your calls and emails on behalf of workforce priorities in the FY2012 State Budget. The Conference Committee budget has now been completed and sent to the Governor.
Here’s what’s in it, as far as workforce priorities are concerned:
- 7003-0701–-Workforce Training Fund: $19,900,000; becomes a trust (as requested)
- 7003-0803–One Stop Career Centers: $4,494,467 (slightly lower than requested)
- 7002-0012–At Risk Youth, YouthWorks youth jobs: $3,000,000 (as requested)
- 7027-0019–School to Career Connecting Activities: $750,000 (compromise amount)
- 7035-0002–ABE/ESOL: $27,702,108 (as requested)
- 8100-0111–Shannon Anti-Gang Violence Program: $5,500,000 (as requested)
- 4401-1000–Employment Services Program: $7,109,035
Stay tuned for an update as the Governor considers the budget over the next few days. He has until July 10 to review, amend or veto the bill.