Amendments to the FY2012 Senate Ways and Means budget for the state of MA were filed Friday, and now we need your support for the following workforce training and education amendments:
- Amendment 555: (filed by Senator Kenneth Donnelly), Restores $8 million to the Workforce Competitiveness Trust Fund through a transfer from the consolidated net surplus.
- Amendments 3, 206, 271: (filed by multiple Senators), Funds summer jobs for at-risk youth at $4.4 million
- Amendment 241: (filed by Sens. Wolf, McGee, Spilka, Knapnik), Funds One Stop Career Centers at $4,994,467
- Amendments 275, 351 (filed by multiple Senators): Funds School-to-career connecting activities at $2 million
- Amendment 348 (filed by multiple Senators): Funds Shannon Anti-Violence Program Grants at $5.5 million
- Amendment 567 (filed by multiple Senators): Funds Employment Services Program at $12,621,513
For a list of workforce items in the Senate W&M budget, please see our post from last week on the FY2012 budget.